Monday, July 8, 2013

1/2 Way There! 50 of 100 miles


I got to 50 miles tonight!  Wahoo! Yippee! And Hallelujah!  I had a little difficulty around mile 33.  I hurt my back vacuuming.  Vacuuming, I say.  I could have been playing some Candy Crush, reading a book or really anything but I was vacuuming.  I was out for a couple days then onward!  I got to mile 33 right before vacation.  I was 1/3 of the way done.  My goal was starting to seem kind of attainable.   I have all kinds of mini goals.  My next was to run 10 miles while on vacation.  We went to South Carolina:  flat land and beautiful.  I rose early each day and even set my alarm.  I had to get out early before it got too hot.  First day: 3 miles. Second day: 3 miles. Fourth day: 4 miles!!  Four miles in a row without stopping. (The flat part really helped.So, I thought I was cool, super cool.  We got home and I had 43 miles under my belt: my running belt. Ha!  Only 7 more to go.  I got up early on Sunday and went to my to one of my favorite trails.  It’s 2 miles around.  Yep, I did it twice.  4 more miles.  It took me awhile and it was hard ‘cause there are lots of hills.  Now for the last 3 miles of the 50.  I went to my to another place I love but the hills, oh the hills.  I was slow but as my dad would say, I got’er done.  So here I am, with 50 more to go!  Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment