Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chasing the storm

I may not have gone as far as I usually do but I gave it my best effort. I drove my daughter to cheer practice. The sky was getting a little dark towards the west but looked okay. I set off down through the park to the the track. The minute I got to the track - phone call from my friend - practice canceled. Lighting had been spotted. We drove back home and I felt extremely unsatisfied yet I did run enough to get hot, sweaty and stinky. So, I jumped back into the car and drove to the next high school over (further away from the coming storm). I got another mile in and the clouds keep rolling in and the lighting started. Hmmm...time to go. I didn't get my usually three miles in but I certainly worked hard for the two that I did get in. Almost as hard as I worked on those chips and salsa with dinner. There is now a light show outside and the rain in pounding down. Hoping the electricity stays on so we can watch the Orioles AND the Ravens!

No comments:

Post a Comment