Monday, August 6, 2012

Wonderful weekend=getting running girl

My husband and I snuck off to DC this weekend. We ate at Bobby’s Burger Palace. This place has amazing burgers with equally amazing fries (sweet potato and regular) and beyond yummy shakes. I had the Mocha Kahlua Vodka shake and my husband had the Vanilla Caramel Bourbon. We love this place and want one in Baltimore. That night we went to our favorite DC bar, The Gin Joint. Nicole, the bartender, knows more about gin then anyone. It’s such a fun place. Each time we go there we make new friends. The next morning we had brunch. This is something 20’s and 30’s do - so I hear. We met people from the night before at Cashion’s Eat Place. We had Challah French toast. It was delicious. I wish I could recreate it but I know it wouldn’t be that good. So after all that, not mention, cupcakes we took home from Sprinkles (for the kids, wink), it’s time to run! Cheerleading practice started tonight for my daughter. This is a good thing for my running. I run from the park where they practice to a local high school. It’s about a ½ a mile there. It always seems easier to run to some place. Then I run around the track, this is not as motivating to me. Tonight, I ran from the park and two times around for my first mile with a time of 9:48. This is good for me. I know there are lots of people with the 8-minute mile thing going on but I’m always happy to finish a mile in less then 10 minutes. The other 2 miles where nothing to brag about except that 3 miles is always something to brag about. Good running night and the O’s won!

No comments:

Post a Comment